Monday 17 August 2015

Police Arrest Man With Over 900 Gallons Of Fuel

It was gathered that the police got a distress call from residents concerning the alleged nefarious activity of the suspect in his house at 24, Awoseyin street, Somolu. Investigation revealed that the suspect allegedly converted his one-roomed apartment to a shop where he was selling petroleum products illegally within the metropolis.

The police raided the area  and recovered nine hundred (900) jerrycans of fifty (50) litres found in a vehicle parked outside the house and another ninety (90)jerrycans of (50) litres allegedly found in the suspect’s room filled with petrol and diesel suspected to have been vandalised. They were recovered and impounded to RRS parade ground.
The RRS Commander ACP Disu Olatunji, while reacting to the arrest said RRS operatives bursted the house which led to the arrest of the suspect in a special D-coy operation, led by SP Olabode Aroge, who disguised as a prospective buyer.

The police said the  suspect was in the habit of selling petroleum product to members of public inside a ‘face-me-I-face-you ‘apartment located in a bustling residential area in Lagos.
The suspect who was paraded by the police, said he was recruited last month .

“I was a commercial bus driver before I was initiated into this bunkering occupation. I only collect commission of 200 on each keg I was able to sell in a day. I know I was doing an illegal job but because there is no employment in the country and I have no choice than to join them for my livelihood sustenance”, the suspect revealed.
 You may also like: Groom Fails To Recognise Bride After Taking Off Make-Up
When asked about his accomplice, he said: “I know him as Mr. Adex. He is the one who employed me to be his assistant. While he goes out to bring petroleum products, I will stay home to sell for any interested member of public. I know for now he will be on the run because someone might have hinted him that I have been arrested”.

The police said effort is still in progress with a view to arresting the alleged owner of the products, Mr. Adeola, popularly known as Adex.

SHARE THIS

Author:

0 blogger-facebook: